History of Our College
The college commenced its operation on the 17th January 1946 at Thelijjawila junction, in a small building thatched with coconut leaves. It had nearly 200 students and 3 teachers only. The first principal was Mr. H. L. Wimalasuriya and the pioneer teachers were Mr. D. H. Wicramasekara and Miss U. A. Podi Nona.
At that time, the boys’ hostel was in Wickramarathne Walawwa and the girls’ hostel was established at Samarasinghe Walawwa Bibugodella watta.
The college was functioned there until 1955 during which year it was shifted to the present location at Udukawa the hillock facing the paddy fields with beautiful scenery.
With great efforts of late Mr. David Wanigasekara and Ven. Naarada thero of Vajiraaramaya at Bambalapitiya, the college was developed as a central college under the scheme for taking education to village by late Dr. C. W. W. Kannangara.