Welcome to Thelijjawila Central College – Past Pupils’ Association (TCCPPA)

Please specify the group

Welcome to Thelijjawila Central College - Past Pupils' Association (TCCPPA)

The Thelijjawila Central College - Past Pupils' Association will be a dynamic, member-focused organization, driven by social & cultural values & directed towards supporting the social, intellectual and spiritual needs of all present and future alumni of Thelijjawila Central College.

Our association will archive this vision through its mission of

  • Assisting to fulfill the mission of the college
  • Providing assistance to succeed and foster the curriculum of the college
  • Assisting to organize important events in the college
  • Extending the mutual understand and gratitude among old students
  • Providing opportunities for mutual understanding among old students and current students
  • Providing the association with national disasters and community needs of country

Our College

History of Our College

The college commenced its operation on the 17th January 1946 at Thelijjawila junction, in a small building thatched with coconut leaves. It had nearly 200 students and 3 teachers only. The first principal was Mr. H. L. Wimalasuriya and the pioneer teachers were Mr. D. H. Wicramasekara and Miss U. A. Podi Nona.

At that time, the boys’ hostel was in Wickramarathne Walawwa and the girls’ hostel was established at Samarasinghe Walawwa Bibugodella watta.

The college was functioned there until 1955 during which year it was shifted to the present location at Udukawa the hillock facing the paddy fields with beautiful scenery.

With great efforts of late Mr. David Wanigasekara and Ven. Naarada thero of Vajiraaramaya at Bambalapitiya, the college was developed as a central college under the scheme for taking education to village by late Dr. C. W. W. Kannangara.